My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Make it possible to move all machines in the "move Worktable" interface  (Read 67 times)

kasheera

• Enlistee
    • View Profile

It would be great if there was the option to move all machines and chests through the interface for moving your worktable. I found it to be very difficult to place everything exactly where I want it, moving slightly back an forth and to the sides until I finally get the placement tiles where I want them. Having a top view where I can select everything and move it around (maybe with a warning if I risk losing the materials/fuel inside the machine) would make planning my layout a lot more comfortable. 

Another idea: let us move the machines not only with the mouse but also the arrow keys.

PS: This game is incredibly beautiful and a lot of fun. I love it! Thank you so much for all your work. Also, I love being able to experience your fast implementation of community feedback, it is really awesome to come back to the game a day later and find the one thing that bugged you is already fixed :)

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: Make it possible to move all machines in the "move Worktable" interface
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:01:51 AM »

The move worktable interface is actually part of the upgrade workshop interface.  This is only set up for unique upgradable items (house, worktable, assembly station).  It would be better to have your own workshop interface for moving stations (perhaps a button in your own worktable interface -- rearrange workshop) instead of having to chop them with the axe (which could still be an option if you just wanted to pick something up).  I think the house, worktable, and assembler still would need to be moved at A&G Construction, since you wouldn't want the table to move while you are standing there using it.  Or, it could be a panel in your house... that way you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally ending up inside another object that you moved on top of yourself.

I agree that it would be much much friendlier to not have to empty a chest before you move it, and to be able to move everything to the side to lay out a different wired flooring pattern, then move everything back into place without having to dance around with it.

I do believe you can rotate stations while you are holding it, in any case. "T" for turn, if I remember right.  It makes the dance a little easier.

kasheera

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Make it possible to move all machines in the "move Worktable" interface
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 12:21:05 AM »

Yes, that is what I meant, I probably didn't express myself very well. The interface we have for moving the upgrade-able items is exactly what I want for everything else. For me it doesn't matter whether I have to go to A&G or get a panel for that purpose in the house or a button on the worktable, just let me skip the chopping and dancing around with furniture/chests/machines! a top down view where I can select everything is so much easier to work with.