Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: little help to translators  (Read 429 times)

Fernandoariel10

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
little help to translators
« on: February 02, 2018, 03:38:51 AM »

Estoy traduciendo el juego al español y tengo un problema. En español para decir lo mismo que en ingles solemos usar más palabras por lo que el texto traducido es más largo y a veces no entra en el lugar donde se mostrará y para probarlo en el mismo juego el texto en ingles del replicador "High Capacity Laser Rifle Handle" aparece solo como "High Capacity Laser Rifle Hand" porque es muy largo. No me imagino si quisieran traducirlo al Quechua. Que es más largo aún. Podrían hacer algo como achicar el texto cuando pasa eso?

I'm translating the game into Spanish and I have a problem. In Spanish to say the same thing as in English we usually use more words, so the translated text is longer and sometimes it does not go where it will be shown and to test it in the same game the English text of the replicator "High Capacity Laser Rifle Handle "appears only as" High Capacity Laser Rifle Hand "because it is very long. I can not imagine if they wanted to translate it into Quechua. Which is even longer. Could they do something like shrink the text when that happens?

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: little help to translators
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 07:43:33 AM »

Estoy traduciendo el juego al español y tengo un problema. En español para decir lo mismo que en ingles solemos usar más palabras por lo que el texto traducido es más largo y a veces no entra en el lugar donde se mostrará y para probarlo en el mismo juego el texto en ingles del replicador "High Capacity Laser Rifle Handle" aparece solo como "High Capacity Laser Rifle Hand" porque es muy largo. No me imagino si quisieran traducirlo al Quechua. Que es más largo aún. Podrían hacer algo como achicar el texto cuando pasa eso?

I'm translating the game into Spanish and I have a problem. In Spanish to say the same thing as in English we usually use more words, so the translated text is longer and sometimes it does not go where it will be shown and to test it in the same game the English text of the replicator "High Capacity Laser Rifle Handle "appears only as" High Capacity Laser Rifle Hand "because it is very long. I can not imagine if they wanted to translate it into Quechua. Which is even longer. Could they do something like shrink the text when that happens?
[/quote

Thanks for doing that.

I guess as long as the text are comprehensive, the decision is yours. Keep it up!