My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Suggestions and Feedback.  (Read 87 times)

alex890boxy

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Suggestions and Feedback.
« on: January 29, 2018, 09:30:35 AM »

1) Farming, Cooking and buying food aren't rewarding enough to even bother; they are very cost inefficient and should be buffed.

2) More furniture variety. People love decorating houses in games like Animal Crossing. It can be a good mechanic for this game provided there is a lot of furniture. The furniture should have themes like: winter, candy, fancy, traditional, Halloween, etc. right now most furniture in this game are just simple themed. Another thing is that there should be more variety in the stats they give. Way too many of them give stamina and very few give Defense and Attack.

3) Shorter delay with certain animations like using axe and pickaxe. It feels somewhat slow and janky transitioning from cutting a tree to moving, and especially mining horizontally in the quarry.

4) Utilize the area better. There are tons of buildings and huge structures that make you curious only to see you can't enter. It would be great if they can let you go inside of those empty structures that litter the area. I just hope most of these buildings are utilized.

5) Weapon and item enhancement. I think its boring how all the weapons and equips are the same especially since there isn't much variety in them. Enchanting them using resources and gold would make items alot more interesting.

6) High level Accessory crafting. I think this game should have accessories similar to how Terraria has them. There should be some rare ones that take a while to get. Then you should be able to combine them into better ones. The better ones could have more interesting uses, like maybe more endurance, faster movement or increased relationship building. Another thing is that they should have ones that give multiple stats like Health and Stamina. 

7) Better characters. I am not going to lie, I think the characters are really bland and uninteresting. These characters should have things like: backstories, major flaws, opinions, comments, tell jokes. They should talk about life and their surroundings, and other townsfolk. The characters should have new dialogue for every level of their relationship. I can remember some good characters from the harvest moon series but I can't say any of these are good. Another thing I think that Alice and Molly should seriously have a voice redo. I honestly think there is made too many characters but I hope they can see some major improvements.

8 ) For some reason I no longer get any more max stamina when I level up after around 20. I think it should continue to go up.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:30:31 AM by alex890boxy »

Pringlesranch3

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions and Feedback.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 11:31:20 PM »

I agree with everything in this post but would especially like to reiterate a couple points:

1) Please, please, PLEASE buff consumables in this game!  It's ridiculous that a recipe that calls for something you can't even produce on your own like Meat Stew would only restore 15 or so stamina.  That's about 5 swings of a pickaxe?  Foodstuffs should restore % of max hp and stamina to scale better, especially with complicated recipes that require 3 or more ingredients.  On the other hand, it would be a nice addition of flavor to make easier simple recipes that restore about the measly 15 stamina.  Something like boiled eggs, roasted potatoes, french fries, and salad!  Being able to procure some of the other ingredients more readily would be nice too.  For example, maybe have a mini game that allows you to get eggs like the roping mini-game that lets you get milk.  I also hate the kicking mechanic for random chances of apples.  I would rather, the apples just get depleted and have to regrow again but consistently give apples.

2) Speaking of weapon enhancement, variety of weapons with different pros and cons would be fun too.  At the beginning we received boxing gloves which gave us the punch and kick animations.  Why not take that further and create more glove like weapons?  Maybe make swords the most balanced, while fist weapons are faster but weaker and lower reach.  Make combat axes that are slow but crit more often and even a ranged weapon like a gun that has to use ammo (crafted from metals).

3) As for characters, would it be possible to add in dialogue that gives hints as to their likes and dislikes?  For example, Sophie gives you a clue that Emily's favorite item is her cooking.  Why can't the other characters interact that way?  Also having them acknowledge weather sometimes although their umbrella hats are a nice touch.  I know that romance characters eventually talk about themselves in more detail but the other characters don't really give a hint.

Lastly, I just want to thank you all for creating a wonderful game and hopefully some of these ideas reach you guys.