My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Stuck at 17%  (Read 247 times)

SarahB87

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Stuck at 17%
« on: January 20, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »

I have a curious problem and wonder if anybody would know the cause and what i might to to correct it. My server seems to be on both Lan and Internet tabs. When I log onto my server it gets stuck on 17% then eventually times out.  (I have to let it time out and return me to the lobby, not quit otherwise it will never connect the second try). There I notice that the only available servers shown now on the internet tab are proxy ones.

If I re enter the lobby and connect again it goes straight through to 100% and connects ok. i checked my config file and its set correctly & my port forwarding. When it times out i get this in the error log.

1/12/2018 11:48:29 AM => Failed to connect lobby server:RSAPublicKeyMismatch

A friend is also now having this problem on my server..other users an not having any probs at all.

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck at 17%
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 08:37:24 PM »

This happens to me also on the official servers... it isn't your setup, it has to do with your computer specs and loading large game files.  There is a workaround... delete your voxel cache file (it will have to relearn/reload the voxels as you explore).  This is a multi-gigabyte sized cache file.  I can't remember where it is stored (someone told me how to do it, but I haven't done it in a while).  You can search for "voxelcache" and I think it should show up.  What this means is that you may run into more "walls" if you are traveling in a fast vehicle, until you have the voxels loaded again.  Eventually you will have to delete it again, if you do a lot of exploring.

You will have a voxelcache file for each server you play on, so you will probably want to delete the most recent one... that is the one you are likely trying to load.

Edit:  It will not affect your map... just the speed that the areas reload.  If you have "paths" that you normally travel, and after you explore and uncover the map, you can delete the voxel cache and just reload the areas that you commonly go to, in order to keep your voxel cache smaller.  The larger your map, the larger your voxel cache will tend to be.  A 40km map may have over a terabyte of voxel information.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:44:43 PM by Omidawn »

SarahB87

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck at 17%
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 07:32:06 AM »

That's it, thank you so much for your explanation and solution! The voxel cache folder is in the Steam game location, I had 3 files in there one was 58GB! However I remembered seeing a 'clear voxel cache' tickbox in Options under the Misc tab. So I tried that and it cleaned all the files out the same as manually deleting, so a handy ingame option. I will pass this on to others on my server thanks!