My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Creation suggestion  (Read 410 times)

SarahB87

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Creation suggestion
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:30:25 PM »

I'd like to see a tickbox in the objects section of the creator to make it non physical and not have a bounding box. So when you place in world it stops where you let go of the mouse. Like this we can hang pictures on walls, place windows in walls and make building parts etc. :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:34:34 PM by SarahB87 »

SarahB87

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Creation suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:03:10 PM »

I realize now that voxel items don't behave the same way in game as mesh objects, they appear to be dropped into game as player approaches area. And that there are workarounds to be able to place picture frames on walls and even window frames with a bit of persuasion! 

What would be good though is to have a wooden and metal window unit to accompany the doors that we have. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:10:56 PM by SarahB87 »

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 03:57:43 PM »

You used to be able to "hang" objects in earlier versions.  Objects would attach to other objects where you placed them.  It was difficult to get things lined up, since they didn't snap to a grid.  I toyed around with building a different kind of "player-made" defensive scaffold for my perimeter wall.  The downside -- I learned that placing this many objects in the colony basically hosed the frame rate so that I could barely move, and eventually would crash whenever I tried to go to the colony.  It looked pretty awesome though.

Now objects just seem to drop. That's a step backward in my opinion.

Krahazik

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »

I would agree that being able to glue or attach objects to the side of walls would be nice to have back.