My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Property Prices and Farming  (Read 82 times)

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Property Prices and Farming
« on: January 12, 2018, 12:54:08 AM »

I noticed that after the 30k property expansion (which I already thought was kind of pricey) the next one jumped up to 120k.  Unless that is the last one that gives you the entire rest of the workshop area, then I think the price needs to come down to maybe 40k.  I have an A level workshop, and I'm pretty good at picking up extra on the side, but with the A level items still missing, I'm lucky to complete one commission per week.  I can still make around 600 gols per day, but at that pace it would take 2 game years to collect 120k -- assuming I don't have any other expenses (like very expensive daily fertilizer).

I have finally got Apricots up and running, and if I am understanding the way they produce, then I may not need as many trees as I thought... however I think 6 trees is still needed to keep production up for daily commissions, and that's 250 gols per day for fertilizer, without any other planters going, and about a 7000 gol startup cost before you see any return.  If I get enough Apricot commissions and the trees keep producing, then it should pay for itself... jury is still out on that.  The growing season is limited, so yeah, there's that too.  I don't think I will get my investment back out of it unless the fertilizer improves about 10x duration for each (10 days each instead of 1 day each).

I think I may be able to make something from the flowers... I have some growing now in 4 other planters and they don't take as long to harvest.  I think there is a recipe for using them, so I can make something to sell with it.  The fruit and vegetable items are still a toss-up, since I don't have any recipes for them and the raw value will likely not pay for itself.  I'll try throwing things together soon (waste) but maybe I'll get lucky and discover something useful in the cook pot.

BruceShi1994

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Property Prices and Farming
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:20:34 AM »

got it, wow, that's very detailed and professional