My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Selling stuff  (Read 283 times)

ravensice

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Selling stuff
« on: January 11, 2018, 05:47:16 PM »

Right now, the only place you can sell stuff is in the Toolbox and it only buys 50 items (and not every item) per day.  Since the major way to get money in the game, this is a hindrance.  Perhaps some of the other NPCs can buy things as well.

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Selling stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:28:13 AM »

I'm so glad you posted this... it has been bothering me too.  Not only is the market rate not listing accurately, but you can no longer sell a lot of things that you need to sell.  Sophie's for instance, only buys around 25 items before she poops out (she is the only one who will buy the bug eggs, which you collect by the stack trying to get dung and mucus to make fertilizer).  That is not enough to offset the market costs of the things that you have to buy from her for the farm.  It is basically a constant 150% cost for everything she sells, because you can't sell her enough stuff to drive the market back down.  (You have to purchase most of your fertilizer from her, even if you try to make it yourself.)

The other vendors are suffering from similar problems.  Since they don't buy the things they used to, if you have to buy from them it drives the prices up for the next time and you can't do anything to lower them.  Mars' shop is the only one that buys enough to keep a relatively low rate on the things he sells, and that is still around 110%

BruceShi1994

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Selling stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:09:31 AM »

thank you for the feedback, we'll check it and see how to improve it!