My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Buildings  (Read 56 times)

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Buildings
« on: December 30, 2017, 04:54:06 PM »

Once you get the 30k "farm" expansion to the property, you would have room to add not just equipment, but actual buildings to your property.  I would like to see all of the factory equipment move into a factory building with a wired floor that can hook up to a series of generators.  This would be an "open" Mill or Factory building, rather than an "entry" building.  This I think would be visually more appealing, looking more like a factory workshop instead of a developing junkyard.

Also, it would help to organize the property to ensure that future building expansions and upgrades are accounted for without collision, and would help organize the development of the farm areas as well.  There could be additional buildings like Silo (mass storage), Barn (for farm animals), Aircraft Hanger, etc, as well as a well-defined irrigation system instead of just cobbling things together.

I think that having a designated factory area and designated locations for farm buildings will make it easier to seamlessly add NPC movement and interaction at every stage of the game, and the more visually appealing the player home can be made to be.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:19:15 PM by Omidawn »

BruceShi1994

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Buildings
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 10:16:56 AM »

Mark this too, seems bigger and more important than that one  too,