My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Naming convention  (Read 48 times)

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Naming convention
« on: December 30, 2017, 02:24:06 PM »

It may not really matter that much, but I think it would be nice for the equipment at a certain level to have the same adjective associated with that level.  For instance, you have basic skiver at level 1, civil cutter at level 1, and civil furnace at level 2 (since stone furnace is level 1).  Then you have industrial cutter at level 2, and industrial furnace at level 3.  I think it would avoid confusion if all of the level 1 equipment were called "basic," level 2 "civil," and level 3 "industrial."  Unless I am mistaken and the Civil Cutter is actually considered a level 2 equipment, even though it is the first one you get.  Since the civil furnace can smelt iron and steel, but the civil cutter cannot process iron and steel, I don't really see them as being at the same level.

In some places (like item catalog) it refers to the equipment level, but the equipment itself makes no reference to what level it is.  Having a naming convention would help people keep track of what level they are at when there are references to equipment level.

It is kind of like having wood and stone tools at level 1, bronze at level 2, iron at level 3, steel at level 4.  When the items at that level are all of the same type, it helps you keep track of your progress and possibly what needs to be upgraded next.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:31:59 PM by Omidawn »

BruceShi1994

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Naming convention
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 10:06:28 AM »

I'll deliver this to the devs, it's quite a resonable idea I think.