My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Item bonuses malfunctioning  (Read 66 times)

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Item bonuses malfunctioning
« on: December 15, 2017, 01:16:53 AM »

I am quite sure at one point my attack was over 300... after placing a few more items in my home, it went down to 282, and after upgrading to the enhanced iron sword, is now at 202.  Please check on this.

FYI, the xylophone displays as a tea table, and gives no bonuses.  This may be because of the following:

You seem to only get bonuses for one item of each type (one chair, one table, one plant).  Multiple items give no extra bonus, even if it is a different (similar) item, like the planter of roses and the planter of hydrangeas.  I only get a bonus from the roses (the stronger of the two).  I have a sofa that I got from the ruins, and that bonus seems to override any other seat that I place.  Example, placing a stone stool next to my stone table gives me no additional bonus, even though it is a unique item in my home.  Placing the xylophone gives no bonus because I already have a stone table (and for some reason the game thinks it is a tea table).

I think you should be able to get bonuses from anything you can fit in your house, given the limited space, even if it is multiples of the same item.  That's just my opinion.  At the very least, you should be able to get a bonus from each unique item.

Awesome game!!  Having lots of fun with it, apart from the occasional memory crash (reports already sent).

dilanli

• Administrator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Item bonuses malfunctioning
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:22:56 AM »

Sorry for the late reply, did you check what's on your hand when your attack was over 300? I spoke with our game designers earlier today, they are checking this bug right now, but they also give me a theory that you might holding an axe, while has much higher attack power than sword but dose no dmg to mobs, so when you switch to sword, you will see a big dmg drop.
For the house bonus items, you can put as many items as you like, but only a number of items will take effect. For example in lv.1 house, you can only gain bonus from a large item such as table, xylophone and two small items, such as chair or flower pots. It's our bad that instruction is unclear. we are working on this right now. Put more instruction UI in our game. Thank you for your report, it helps us alot. :D

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: Item bonuses malfunctioning
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 06:59:39 PM »

good info, thanks.  Regarding the sword, I'm quite sure the stats are as I said.  At the time that I posted, I had switched back and forth between the two sword, and the iron sword was definitely giving me 80 points more than the enhanced iron sword.

I thought that you had fixed it, because the next day I came back and my attack was back over 500.  That may have been holding the fisherman's pick though, as you say.  I'll have to check again when I get home.