Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: A cute pet!  (Read 24 times)

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
A cute pet!
« on: December 07, 2017, 12:32:28 AM »

I'm going to be honest.  I think it'd be cool if you could adopt a cute pet through out the game.  Whether its a chick that comes a chicken, a Puppy, a Kitten, a Parrot.   I think being able to adopt a pet that you just feed for nice things ((And some dialogues with others)) would be a cool thing.  Although, that could be my Harvest Moon 64 rose tinted goggles coming through though!   Of course, a Dog House is a must with a puppy! 
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: A cute pet!
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:30:36 AM »

I've been trying to adopt the stray cat, Pinky, with little success.  I greet it every day, but it does not like anything that I offer, and the game engine nerfs it back to zero on a regular basis, so no headway at all.

Whatever is causing the negative socialization, I wish that it would be explained somewhere.  It seems unfair to get 20-30 points taken off of people on a regular basis, for no apparent reason, other than (maybe) you haven't had a chance to talk to them for a week or two.  It makes no sense at all for the cat to just randomly go back to zero, when I "stop to pet it" every day.

Maybe there could be not so severe of a penalty (or not a penalty at all!), if you have talked to the person (or cat) at least once during the week.  Then, yes, we could befriend Pinky and maybe even have a play time (and adopt it as your pet eventually, just like you can marry someone whom you have courted).  This could be true with any "pet" that is introduced.