Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Author Topic: Dropped loot should move to you much quicker  (Read 71 times)

DanielCampbell

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Dropped loot should move to you much quicker
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »

This one is pretty self explanatory. When you chop down a tree the payload just sits on the ground for a little bit too long for my taste. I know that you can move and it will fly to you, but subconsciously I feel like I have to stay close or run over the payload in order to pick it up. It's just one of those things that is only mildly annoying, but when you have to do it hundreds of times it can add up to quite a lot of agitation.

Iron Newt

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Re: Dropped loot should move to you much quicker
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 11:13:46 AM »

Expansion on this - it's possible to dash out of the loot pickup range. So if I'm trying to get things done quickly (as the day is still horribly rushed if you want to do anything involving the stores) I often find I've got to re-trace my steps to pick up all the loot. This is version Alpha 2.9
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 11:16:22 AM by Iron Newt »

Omidawn

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: Dropped loot should move to you much quicker
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:46:08 AM »

Also, some of those ancient trees explode so far when you chop them, that the items fall OUT OF RANGE for pickup.  You have to waste time actually running around trying to find the pieces, and very likely you won't find them all.  Who knows how far they blew or even past a boundary?!